Resident Assistant – Turning Point
Reports To: Clinical Manager
The Resident Assistant is responsible for: the Resident Assistant will be responsible for general house tasks and ensuring that the house runs smoothly.
- Responsible for providing emotional support to clients.
- Responsible for delivery of evidence based practice psycho-educational groups (life skills, relapse prevention, peer support, wellness, etc.) as approved by the Clinical Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that all client medications are taken as prescribed by physician order and in a timely manner.
- Performs and records a medication count at the beginning and end of each shift worked in conjunction with other staff coming in or going home.
- Performs random room searches – bedrooms, bathrooms, and common areas.
- Manage and enforce house rules and policies consistently and in a positive manner.
- Responsible to communicate and work as a team member with all individuals on your shift.
- Attend staff meetings, change of shift meetings, and house meetings.
- Maintain a high level of professional and ethical standards.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Ability to work with alcohol and/or drug addicted individuals.
- Must be CRSW (Certified Recovery Support Worker) or willing to become certified within one year of employment start date.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully; good inter-personal skills.
- Ability to do group presentation work.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Ability to communicate well in writing and verbally.
- Able to maintain confidential information and adhere to Agency boundaries practices.
- Must understand and comply with confidentiality laws (42 CFR Part 2) as well as HIPAA Regulations.
- Certification as a Certified Recovery Support Worker mandatory or working towards certification
- In addition to shift hired for, must be able to work occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends
- Position based in Dover, NH
If interested in this position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you have inquiries, please call Tracy Mantos at (603) 516-8188.